03 February 2007

Seven Months Later

While conversing last night, TD wondered why I'd not found a girlfriend via match.com. One would believe that it would be very easy, and I do know several people who've gotten married or engaged thanks to the personals websites.

In my July 3 entry, I mentioned that I was taking a sabbatical from match.com. I removed my old match.com profile from public view, but forgot to do the same to my old yahoo personals profile.

About a month and a half later, I received a yahoo icebreaker from someone. She seemed interesting at first glance, but when I google searched her username, I found out that she (if she actually existed) also had a profile located on an adult site, and so I didn't respond. I later removed my yahoo personal from public view.

I'm tired of the scammers, the women who I don't trust because of past experiences, the women who announce in their profiles that they don't want to be hurt, and the women who send me emails and winks even though their profiles state I'm not their type of guy. While I don't particularly care for hate mail, it can sometimes be amusing.

Getting back to TD's thought concerning my lack of success on match.com. While I don't have a numeric breakdown, I would say that a plurality of women stopped communicating with me when I mentioned my profession. In the remaining cases, whatever initial sparks that happened in the course of email communication eventually died.

For several years I've believed that the type of woman I'm looking for is not normally found in Mississippi. Friends who've travelled more than I have confirmed my suspicions time and time again, so for the past few months, I've not been looking to date anyone.

Am I bitter? No. Do I sound bitter? At times, I might, but I know that it won't help me. The only thing I can do is to be myself. And if that doesn't work, I can always place a profile titled Hugh Jackman Look-alike ISO...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home