02 February 2007

Groundhog Day, Dancing My Dances, Etc.

Well, it's Groundhog Day. It looks like that the Grand Groundhog Cartel has predicted an early spring this year, which I believe would be a good thing. It's been rather cold this winter.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I had a couple of bibliographic instruction sessions, and they both went well. Fortunately, the two class periods in question were long enough for me to go into detail.

I didn't have reference desk duties. A co-worker won't be at work next week, and she had some extra time at the desk.

Yesterday afternoon, Pezgirl bailed out on me on going to the gym. She said she was under the weather. I went anyway. I wanted to go a little early yesterday because I planned to go see The U.S. vs. John Lennon, so I danced my dance1 sans exercise buddy.

Two and a half miles on the stationary bike, a couple of laps walking, I lifted some weights-- light weights. I didn't want to overexert myself, and I didn't.

I called up Coppertop and left a message. We had made plans to meet up and go see the movie. However, when she returned my call she told me that she was too tired after her exercised, and so, she regretfully bailed on me.

I had a quick bite to eat at Hal & Mal's2 and then saw the movie. It was a good movie-- perhaps a little too long, but good.

I'm also looking forward to the movies that are going to be shown at Hal & Mal's on future Thursdays. A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints on the 22nd. The History Boys on March 1. And potentially, on March 8, Little Children.

Yesterday, a friend sent me a link to the Chrysler Podcast Series. I listened to the Johnny Cash podcast this morning. I also listened to the Miles Davis podcast today. I had it playing all day at my office. Awesome stuff. I need to try out the other musicians when I get a chance.3

Today, I was at work on some projects-- two of them being bibliographic instruction projects that are going to be presented during National Library Week. At least that's the plan. I was also finalizing another class project involving another librarian. I was approached while my colleagues were in Seattle for Midwinter and had to schedule it.

After work today, I danced my dance. Again, without Pezgirl. To be fair, though, today wasn't scheduled to be a buddy workout day, but I felt like I needed to after what I had for lunch.4

Two and a half miles on the stationary bike again, a one-mile walk, I lifted some weights-- light weights. Again, I didn't want to overexert myself.

I believe I'm going to head on over to Jackson. Perhaps I'll go to Fenian's. Perhaps I'll go someplace else. Perhaps I'll do both.

_________
1William Byrd II often mentioned in his secret diary that he "danced his dance," which was his terminology for exercise.

2Greek salad with crabmeat and a Diet Coke.

3As of this morning, the other musicians featured in the Chrysler Podcast Series are Gloria Estefan, Journey, Tony Bennett, and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Vaughan is the topic of the January podcast, and as of this morning, I didn't see which musician would be this month's subject.

4A special sampler plate commemorating the Super Bowl consisting of grilled sausage with peppers and onions, shrimp bisque, buffalo wings, french fried sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, some kind of chili and cheese dish, and cake washed down with Diet Coke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home