31 January 2007

National Gorilla Suit Day

The terrorists won. I didn't observe this day in the traditional, time-honored manner. I have several excuses I could use.

I had a couple of bibliographic instruction sessions today. While I would have certainly been entertaining, I don't believe the students would have paid as much attention as they did to my presentation had I been observant.

I don't know if it was her intention, but Emily's comments reminded me that colleagues in my pink collar profession might not necessarily approve of this attire. Oh well.

As well as speaking to the two classes, I worked at the reference desk. I also had more of my usual library duties to perform.

I finally finished reading The Sea a scant few minutes before the book club meeting. It's very well crafted. I see why Banville is often compared to Nabokov. It's definitely a recommended read.

Coppertop has the next selection, and she's chosen The Children of Men by P.D. James. Cinephiles might be interested to know that the book is the source material for the recently released Academy Award-nominated film.

Tomorrow, I speak to two more classes about the library's resources. I've previously mentioned beginning the exercise routine in the previous post as well as my desire to attend this movie at Hal & Mal's after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home