10 March 2006

Match.com Back to the Future

A few days ago, I was thumbing through match.com profiles, and noticed something that caught my attention. What caught my eye was that this woman mentioned her two previous usernames.

And I remember them.

Several months ago, I saw a profile that looked interesting, and so I sent an email. I didn't hear anything for about two or three weeks. I figured she had other plans.

On July 24, I received this email (personal information was altered):

Hiyas--

You sent a message to me with another profile I have (xxxxxxx). I just wanted to say thanks for the message, and if you'd like to get in touch, you can email me at abcdefgh (at) yahoo-dot-com or you can instant message me with the same username on Yahoo Messenger.

Take care,
mmmmmmmm


Being the information hunter-gatherer that I am, I looked up her yahoo profile. I saw a link to her blog. I clicked on the link, and saw that she had just gotten married a couple weeks previously, which I suppose explained why it took her awhile to contact me.

And so, I sent her this email the following day:

I'd rather not. It would have been nice if you had deleted that profile considering your recent marriage. At least your current profile mentions that you're not looking for a relationship.

Wishing you the best in your new life,
The Library Guy


I think my email shocked her. I never did get a response.

Big surprise there.

She removed her blog link from her yahoo profile. She also shut down that blog.

Now she's divorced (or at least that's what her profile says).

Big surprise there.

She has a new match.com profile.

And I'm not interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home