01 March 2006

The Homestretch

The Project deadline was moved up a week to be a week from today instead of two weeks from now.

I've gone through most of what I need to go through at least once. There's still some documents I need to examine, but they're not at the point where they're available for me to check. I have had the opportunity to do some rechecking.

I hope the remaining documents are in good shape. I know I'll be swamped with Project work for the next few days.

I suppose that means I won't be going to a book signing tomorrow at Lemuria. Judge Pickering has been a friend of my family for years. He grew up not far from where my mother lived. He was in the same graduating high school class as an uncle of mine. His son was at one time my congressman, and as previously mentioned in this blog I'm acquainted with him and other members of his family.

Too bad. I'm sure I'd see some people I know from Laurel. Last year, Charles Marsh had a book signing and reading at Lemuria. I attended and saw one person from Laurel I knew, an Episcopalian rector with whom I often had coffee with at a coffee shop across the street from the library where I once worked.

I often had coffee and ate something there before I went to work. At one time, I was one of the regulars. Obviously, I'm not anymore. There was also an attorney, a couple of business owners, and a couple of others whose professions I can't remember at the moment. It's hard to believe it's been five and a half years since I started work at the college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home