13 February 2006

Swoopy?

I'm thumbing through the University of Texas Press Spring 2006 Catalog. One of my colleagues has made some requests and I'm looking through them. This story came to mind because of this request:



Apparently, February is Bat Month at the University of Texas Press.

Here's some DVDs that are available:
This one looks to be a video edition of the book that my colleague's requested.

Bats for Kids!

Oh yeah, and here's a link to their Bat Conservation International publications.

3 Comments:

At 13 February, 2006 22:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your colleague wants a bat house? My father-in-law has made a few of these, mainly for my wife's sister. She has around 200 bats in each of her houses. It's pretty amazing to watch them shoot out at night.

 
At 13 February, 2006 22:14, Blogger The Library Guy said...

It's more like she wants that particular book for the library's collection. I don't think that she personally wants a bat house.

 
At 15 February, 2006 11:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bat houses are cool. They have bats. Bats eat skeeters. Yay bats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home