22 January 2006

San Antonio, Day Three

Today was a relatively easy day for me at ALA Midwinter after going from one place to another and attending programs. I got up at 8:30 this morning-- still awfully early in the day for me & finally got ready to go to the conference around 10:15. Before I left my room, my friend TR called. We made arrangements to meet up at 4 p.m. at Rivercenter.

I left the room and headed to the front desk. I saw my director and supervisor. My director asked if I'd eaten yet. I hadn't. I was planning on having breakfast before I went to the Convention Center. She mentioned having breakfast at the Guenther House, and so we took a taxi from the hotel and had breakfast.

It was raining in San Antonio earlier this morning, but stopped by noon. The weather was still cool and overcast. We took a taxi from the Guenther House. My director and supervisor were going one place before they went to the Convention Center while I planned to head straight to the Convention Center.

I planned to be there for about an hour before I had to take a conference shuttle to another hotel. I spent more time than expected in the exhibits area. Next thing I knew, it was 2 p.m.-- and the session I planned to attend began at 1:30. I figured since I missed that much of the session already that I might as well go around the exhibits area for the next 90 or so minutes, and so I did.

I left the Conference Center a little after 3:30 and made my way to where we were supposed to meet at Rivercenter at 3:50. TR had called to say he was running late. A few minutes later, he called again and mentioned where he was at-- another part of Rivercenter. I had walked by there on the way to where we were supposed to meet, and so I walked to where he was.

We ate at a steak/BBQ place called Steers and Beers in Rivercenter. We chatted for about an hour-- maybe a little bit more. We saw the end of the Steelers-Broncos game on TV. When we finished, TR offered to drive me back to the hotel. We drove by the Alamo. I've not visited it yet. I plan to do so tomorrow.

TR dropped me off at the hotel a little after six. I watched the NFC championship game. I've got to sort through the library swag and choose what I need to ship and what I think I can take back with me on the flights back to Jackson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home