13 January 2006

Friday the 13th

Today is a paraskevidekatriaphobic's nightmare.

This week has been hectic for me. I was too sick to go out this past weekend. I also took Monday off to recuperate some more. I came back to work on Tuesday and have been busily working.

I worked the reference desk and did some interlibrary loan work for most of the day Tuesday.

On Wednesday, there was some more reference work, some interlibrary loan requests to take care of, and perusing some acquired books to see if any of them were considered reference books. I also had reaffirmation readings to do that day. Last year, a committee I was on prepared some narratives for our upcoming reaffirmation of accreditation. Last week, our committee was asked to read all the narratives. We were asked to make suggestions and comments when necessary.

We started last Friday, worked Wednesday, and then today. There's a lot of narratives to read. We've made comments. I'll be busy on this project for pretty much the remainder of the month and the next month as well.

Yesterday, I worked the reference desk for most of the day. I also worked on some interlibrary loan stuff and read over some narratives. Today, it's been narrative reading in addition to interlibrary loan. I've also been getting ready to attend ALA Midwinter in San Antonio.

Fortunately, I've been feeling better the past couple days. I may head out tonight and have a little fun. I'm heading over to visit my mother in Canebrake sometime tomorrow. Her wireless isn't currently working, and so when I arrive I'll be doing a little troubleshooting.

Monday's a holiday, and so I don't have to be at work. I will, however, be at my dentist's. And yes, I will be having the Nitrous Oxide.

Some final notes:

I added three blogs to the ever-expanding Ready Reference sidebar. Rick Cleveland, being in my opinion the best newspaper columnist in the state, doesn't really need an introduction but is getting one anyway. I've been a longtime reader of his work. As previously noted in this blog, I gave him an idea for a column last year.

I consider Ali Greggs' columns a must-read. Since the Jackson Free Press started personal blogs for writers and columnists, interested citizens, and elected officials, her JFP blog meets the standards set forth by her column. And yes, readers of my blog may also have noticed that I already had a link to her personal blog.

I also added Tom Head's JFP blog to the roll. I've never met the gentleman, but he's brought up enough points of interest that I also included a link to his blog.

2 Comments:

At 17 January, 2006 13:29, Blogger The Butterknife said...

I feel so warm and fuzzy. Thanks for the kind words. And the traffic!

 
At 17 January, 2006 14:17, Blogger The Library Guy said...

You should be warm and fuzzy. You're absolutely deserving of kind words & traffic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home