21 January 2006

San Antonio, Day Two

I got up early-- really early-- for a Saturday-- 7:30 in the morning.

I made my way to the hotel restaurant an hour later. After breakfast, I took a convention bus to the convention center. I made a pretty quick run-through of the exhibits.

I got some library swag-- including some cool posters as well as some cool books-- this book and that book I believe I'm going to see about getting see processed by the college and put in the library's collection.

I got a couple posters at the Marvel Comics booth & signed up for some comp Anime DVDs-- getting a couple volumes of Manga too.

One company the library does a lot of business with had a luncheon meeting. I didn't know about it until today. A rep invited me this morning to the lunch.

I attended one presentation in the morning and then went to the luncheon meeting. I saw and sat at the same table with two people I know-- a director and librarian with different Mississippi colleges.

After the luncheon meeting, I walked to another presentation and finally called up TR, a friend who lives here in San Antonio. We may meet up sometime Sunday or Monday.

After the presentation, I went back to the exhibits. I ran into a couple people I sat with on the flight from Houston-- a flight that looked to be predominantly filled with librarians and others who were going to Midwinter.

I made it back to the hotel at 5 p.m. and relaxed for a little while. I hitched a ride in the hotel's shuttle van with some other people who were going downtown.

I wandered around the Riverwalk area for a little while. I finally decided to get a bite to eat at The Republic of Texas. I sat at a table outside right by the river. It was good to relax if only for a little while.

I then called for a taxi and made it back to the hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home