17 January 2006

Dental Happenings

I had a dental appointment yesterday. I needed a crown. Fortunately, the tooth in question had already had a root canal so I wasn't in any pain.

I drove from my mother's house. For the past year when I've had dental procedures, I've brought my iPod with me. There's nothing like listening to Metallica, Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash, et al while breathing high octane nitrous oxide and having dental work done.

I forgot to bring my iPod with me to yesterday's appointment. I think my dentist was slightly disappointed. Instead of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, it was contemporary Christian music (my dentist was at one time-- don't know if he still is-- a Promise Keeper) and, well, drugs... or at least nitrous oxide and three shots of anaesthetic.

I did, however, bring the book I'm reading for Book Club. I had read a couple chapters, but by the time I was on Chapter 3, the nitrous was taking effect & Alice (a character in the book) was making a heck of lot sense to me!

Now, I have a temporary crown on the tooth in question. I've got another appointment in a couple of weeks to install the permanent crown. I may bring along the iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home