12 February 2006

The Week Behind; The Days Ahead

The Project continues, and I can add something else to my responsibilities-- I've written, edited, researched, and been (and am still) an independent reader. I'm also now, for lack of a better phrase, an independent weblink checker. The Reaffirmation Powers-that-are have made it known that colleges should put their documentation on the web-- meaning that references to other documents, etc., have to be hyperlinked.

A couple of the college VPs made me one of the weblink checkers, which means that I've got to verify all of the web links for all college documents. And here's the deal, I'm doing this while the college is advertising for a FT webmaster.

Our webmaster left early last month. This position previously had a posted deadline that has since passed. Interviews were held this past week-- in fact, I told one of the interviewers to make sure to tell the person who becomes webmaster not to change a thing with the college's website until the reaffirmation stuff has been completed-- that's the thing with newbies, they want to change things... and that's fine normally-- but not now... if the new webmaster makes any changes, I will be one peeved librarian...

Apparently though, the people who applied weren't impressive enough because the job announcement is up and running again.

There's a PT guy who's doing webstuff (and who I believe is the other weblink checker). He has been doing an outstanding job considering the circumstances. So anyway, I've got about a month (probably much less) to go over all the narratives to see that the weblinks work. My colleagues will cover for me at the reference desk.

I think I need to attend another conference. I'm becoming more and more short with people again. This Project has been pretty stressful.

It's gotten to the point where it takes me so long to decompress at the end of the week-- especially after long Friday reading and editing sessions-- that I've not felt like going out. It takes a least a day and a half for me to decompress.

I don't feel like going out. I don't feel like traveling. I don't feel like being me, and that's not good.

As far as my usual duties are concerned... I've done a little book ordering. I still need to complete going through a couple of catalogs and email my request list to the Technical Services Librarian. I've also done interlibrary loan work.

I did have the opportunity to have a little fun this past week.

Tuesday night, we had book club. TD, FP, TC, and I met up at TD's house. DT didn't show up even though we were discussing the book he had chosen. We'll meet up I think on the 22nd, but I don't think the details are on the book club site as of yet.

Thursday night, the anime club met. A few of the people from last school year showed up as well as a couple of new faces. Last semester was so hectic, we'd not had a chance to meet then... We're meeting up again on the 23rd.

I have a busy life, and yes, the stress is there. I need to do something different, I know, but I've been too busy decompressing when I've not been at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home