28 February 2006

Mississippi Curling?

Today, a friend of mine posted a message in a mailing list concerning the Magnolia Curling Association. Personally, I think he just likes the Johnson sisters, but who can blame him?

I watched very little of the Olympics, but what I watched mostly was curling, if only because I possess an extremely tenuous familial connection to the sport. I'm of Scots-Irish descent, and the clan chief of my family owned Ailsa Craig, and I think still does today-- at least according to this site.

So what's special about Ailsa Craig? Well, it's considered the best place to produce the granite needed to produce curling stones.

I noticed that Rick Cleveland has had a column and a couple of blog entries about curling. Here's the first blogpost. The second blogpost is mostly a response by Scott Hamilton, the Director of Communications for the Mississippi Development Authority.

The friend of mine mentioned that there's supposed to be a meeting on the 11th. I doubt I can make it. I am, after all, busy with my Project, but it surely sounds interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home