28 February 2006

High School Basketball

The state championships began yesterday in Jackson.

One of the schools involved in the Girls tournament, Northeast Jones, is coached by a family friend. She's several years younger than me and also attended & graduated from Heidelberg Academy.

Her father used to be my old school's football and baseball coach. In his last season at Heidelberg, the 2003-04 school year, the school won MPSA Class A football and baseball titles-- going 29-0 in 2004.

Last year, my friend was an assistant coach at Jones County Junior College to one of my many second cousins. My cousin's been head women's basketball coach at Jones for several years. (In case you're interested Otherjay, she's also one of your cousins.) She previously coached West Jones to a state basketball title. If I remember correctly, she also won state championships as a player at Northeast Jones, where her father-- my first cousin once removed-- was football coach.

Oh? The game? Northeast Jones won. They play Wayne County in the Girls 4A semifinals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home