21 February 2006

Stress Relief

Tonight I met up with TD, DT, and Coppertop over at the Hickory Pit for some BBQ, a little discussion of the book, and an analysis of the men's 1500 meter skating race. After tonight, The Known World is no more.

My worklife's has had more stress, and I've not had much time for fun. I need to get out more-- that's for sure.

I had a half slab of dry ribs, slaw, beans, and bread. I washed down the meal with a Coors Light. I had a slice of Hershey Pie for dessert. Good sides. Good dessert. I need to try their wet ribs next time. Tonight was the first time I had been to Hickory Pit.

TD spilled a beer, and for some reason I laughed-- giggled, really & noticeably as well-- for a little bit. I don't know why. Actually, I might. I think it served as a tension reliever for me, if only for a little while. My apologies, TD.

I need the Project to be over soon, and it should be in about three weeks. At least it had better be.

2 Comments:

At 23 February, 2006 16:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Hickory Pit was still open. There was one in Clinton, but I don't think it lasted long.

 
At 23 February, 2006 16:56, Blogger The Library Guy said...

It's good. I'd not eaten there before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home