29 February 2008

Leap Day

It's been a busy week at the library. I've been catching up on some duties as well as working on a couple of projects when I can.

I mentioned earlier this week that I was going to cover a state tournament game. It turned out to be similar to my Quote Boy duties at the football championship games-- so no byline.

And that's fine by me. I got to enjoy seeing a couple of basketball games. Unfortunately, the school in the newspaper's coverage area lost.

I did see people I knew at the game. Even though I'm only a freelance part-time writer, many of the full-time sportspeople know who I am, or at the very least recognize me. I chatted with some of them.

I also got to visit with two coaches I knew.1 I wish I had more time. I'd not seen them in quite a while.

I also voted earlier that day. I voted for the nonagenarian candidate based on his Clinton News profile.

I thought Carter to be the best of the bunch. Now I've got to decide who to vote for in the runoff-- as well as the presidential primary. Unfortunately, Bill the Cat is not a viable option.

After work, I'm off to Hattiesburg. My mother's asked me to come down and help out with a garage sale tomorrow morning.

I hope there's plenty of coffee.

_________
1For what it's worth, my friend is again an assistant to my cousin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home