26 July 2007

Library Guy Superstar

What's the buzz?
Tell me what's a-happening.


One, if not the, buzz phrase that's been circulating throughout the library community for quite some time is Library 2.0.1 Several conferences and workshops that I've attended over the past year or so have largely been focused on this subject because librarians must reach out to the people who are-- and more importantly-- will be using library resources, and in order to communicate effectively, librarians must be knowledgeable about and use many of these often-used materials.

However, my library can't access many social networking sites. I blogged about it a little over a year ago.2 To this day, my college doesn't allow access to MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, Photobucket, and Imageshack-- just to name a few sites.3 I attend conferences and can't help but to think to myself: 2.0? I'd be happy if the library got to be somewhere around, say, 1.54.

What's the buzz?
Tell me what's a-happening.


I'm happy and sad all at the same time again. I found out earlier this week that a friend is moving, and I feel the same way I did a month ago.

I'm glad she mentioned to me when she was leaving. I hadn't made any commitments about being someplace else.

We're all supposed to go out someplace this weekend. It'll be good to be with her and have fun.

What's the buzz?
Tell me what's a-happening.


I'll be visiting my aunt and uncle in Indiana Labor Day weekend. I was invited last week and had been thinking of visiting them in early August.5

Maybe I can relax there. I need to relax.

In the meantime, I plan on taking advantage of that 10 percent off coupon that my masseuse mailed me earlier this week. Maybe Friday afternoon after work...

_________
1Here's a link to a good article about Library 2.0.

2Incidentally according to data concerning search engine queries that lead people to this blog, that blog entry is the one most often accessed by google searchers. For some reason, MySpace is popular.

3There are ways to get around the blocks though.

4I'm being more than a bit facetious. Libraries don't have to make use of a lot of 2.0 elements to be a 2.0 library.

5I changed my mind when FP mentioned her upcoming move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home