23 July 2007

Partial Power Outages, Depressed Fingernails, and Pardoning Johnny Cash

The power went out at my house early this morning. Partially, anyway. The ceiling fan in my bedroom kept on going, but not as fast as it was supposed to be going. I thought it had affected the neighborhood, but apparently it was just my house.

I called Entergy, and after checking the breakers, and confirming that the breakers weren't the culprit (culprits?), the person I spoke to said they'd send someone over. They did, and apparently, things are working fine now. I'll find out later tonight though.

In the meantime, I had to leave for work, and since my house had little power1 I needed to open the garage manually. No problem.

Closing the garage was more painful. My left middle fingernail has a fairly nasty bruise. It's not hurting too much, but I do feel the pain. My left ring finger is also bruised, but it's not as bad off as the middle finger.

I saw what Gorjus posted about the Pardon Johnny Cash web site.2 It looks like it could be an awesome thing.

_________
1In addition to the ceiling fan, the lights worked in two other rooms.

2Andy blogged about it first too, but I originally saw it on Gorjus's site.

2 Comments:

At 23 July, 2007 21:35, Blogger Andy said...

And I have to give SixPackSpeak.com credit. That's where I saw it.

Still, an awesome idea. Hope it comes about, with an awesome concert.

 
At 24 July, 2007 12:20, Blogger The Zero Gravity Janitor said...

The garage door with no power is definitely a big thing.

ZGJ got it to open okay, and close okay, but there was no figuring how to hook it up again.

Ended up paying a garage door repairman to come hook it back up. But at least now, know how to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home