22 July 2007

Summersong

I left Barnes & Noble at 1 a.m. Saturday morning with Deathly Hallows in possession and finished reading it a little before six o'clock that morning. It was a very good read. I'd call it a satisfactory end to the series.

I slept the rest of the morning. I woke up sometime around 1 p.m. I relaxed some before I headed off a little after 5 p.m. to run a couple errands, pick up Emily, and then go to Hal & Mal's for the Anniversary Pub Quiz and karaoke.

Most of the team showed up by 8. TC didn't show up, so ChiChi recruited a sixth to fill out our roster. We did well, leading for most of the game, but we wound up finishing second. Second is good though. I would have appreciated first place money though.

I could have gotten a 90-minute massage with my cut of the pot, and after today, I need one. I did some chores around the house. My back and arms didn't appreciate today's workout.

2 Comments:

At 23 July, 2007 15:23, Blogger Lorelei Leigh said...

I'm very impressed you managed to read it so quickly. I started when I got home, but wasn't able to stay awake, and even with reading most of the next day, didn't finish until 9 p.m. And I'm a relatively fast reader.

 
At 23 July, 2007 15:52, Blogger The Library Guy said...

I'm a speed reader, and I've always considered the Harry Potter books to be quick reads. I also made sure I was sufficently wired. I had a large frappuccino and a big chocolate chip cookie at Barnes & Noble just before midnight.

I didn't mind being wired since I knew would be out late the following night. I got back home from Pub Quiz and karaoke around 1:45 Sunday morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home