18 July 2007

What's That Big Yellow Orb in the Sky?

It didn't rain today.

I took the day off from work today. I needed to get some chores done around the house, but that wasn't the reason why I wasn't at work.

I couldn't sleep. I went to bed at around 12:30 a.m., which is my normal time to sleep. I woke up at 2:30 and could not fall asleep.

I don't know why I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't have that much coffee to drink yesterday.

I did go to Pub Quiz. I played with an acquaintance of mine from a messageboard I sometimes frequent and one of his friends. We did pretty well, but there were too many questions about movies. I think we would have finished in the money if it weren't for the cinematic-centered categories.

I went to Don's briefly. I saw and talked to several friends.

So, anyway, I took today off. I couldn't sleep. I knew that when I work with little sleep I could get cranky, irritable, and sometimes sick. I called the library a little after 8 a.m. I fell asleep for a little while, but woke up at 10:30 in the morning.

When I reawoke, I saw that it wasn't raining, so I did some chores around the house that really needed to be done.1 One thing about the rainy weather, the opportunities to do things outside are not there-- especially with the showers showing up in the afternoon at about the time I get off work.

I've got to get ready to go to Starkville tomorrow after work. I've got a couple projects I want to try to continue to work on at the library as well.

When I return from Starkville Friday evening, I'll be getting ready for Deathly Hallows, Pub Quiz, and more chores around the house-- if it's sunny weather. The way this month has gone, I'm not sure what the weather will be like.

_________
1Pruning lantanas, cleaning out a gutter (joy), and laundry. I've got more projects to do, but a couple have to wait until the ground is drier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home