13 July 2008

Sunday Evening

I'm at Cups in Clinton. I just had dinner and then some coffee with Pezgirl. We talked about various things-- work, some projects that are going on, and non-work stuff.

I did some yardwork early this afternoon. I trimmed some branches from trees and shrubs and took them to the neighborhood dumpster.

I got pretty hot from doing all that work. I must have taken a cold shower for about a half hour.

This weekend was pretty quiet. I thought about going out Friday night, but was too tired. I would have loved to have seen friends.

I was supposed to meet a friend from the college at Barnes and Noble yesterday, but she didn't show up-- didn't even call to say she was cancelling too. I did see a couple people from the college as well as a couple of other friends of mine. It wasn't a complete loss, but more socializing would have been nice.

Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their family; but to a solitary and an exile his friends are everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home