24 April 2008

Santo Gold

I got chains, I got charms
(Santo Gold Santo Gold)
I got bracelets for your arms
(Santo Gold Santo Gold)
Money back guarantee!
Five Year Warranty!
Santo Gold Santo Gold
(We know you're going to like it)
Santo Gold Santo Gold
(We know you're going to like it)
24 karat Santo Gold!

I was looking at a friend's Facebook page earlier this evening and noticed that he was a fan of Santogold. I'd not heard of her before, and to be frank, the first thing that came to mind was the classic cheesy infomercial for Santo Gold.

Here's a youtube video snippet:



And another (this one is significantly longer):



I remember seeing these informercials when I was an undergraduate at MSU. Too bad the Blood Circus film reels have been lost. I almost want to see what by some accounts is perhaps the worst movie of all time.

UPDATE: How did I miss this Cracked.com article on Santo Gold? And it was posted last month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home