04 December 2007

The End of Autumn

The fall semester will be over later this month. Friends and co-workers have already asked me what I'll be doing during the holidays.

I don't really know, but I'll do something (maybe several somethings), and I hope that the holidays will be great.

I've not found this semester to be as pleasant as I would have wished thus far. While it's good that my college has record enrollment this semester as far as funding is concerned, one negative consequence is that more students mean life is busier.

For those of us at the library who teach or have study halls, life is especially hectic.

One thing I've not been able to do this fall (and miss) that I've done in previous semesters: occasional meals with friends and co-workers away from work. Unfortunately, I'm not the only person with a busy life. And while I like to decompress when I get away from work, I'm not a fan of being by myself all the time.

Fortunately, the next few weeks are promising, and that's great because I don't need a discontented winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home