24 October 2007

Wednesday Afternoon Thoughts

I'm at work. I've been under the weather the past few days, but feel better now. I'm putting throat drops in my mouth like they're candy though.

I was at the Mississippi Library Association conference in Vicksburg earlier today. There were a couple of sessions I wanted to attend. Sadly, I couldn't stick around and have tea with Marshall Ramsey. I had a couple projects to do here at the college.

I'll be leaving work for the day soon and will be attending a play later this evening. I'm not planning on doing too much though since I'll be heading back to Vicksburg tomorrow morning to attend a few more sessions. That's the thing about having a conference not far from where you live and work: You can't get away. On the other hand, you're not nearly as far behind as you would be if you could get away.

One note: A few weeks ago, I blogged about Supermom's nomination for worst campaign sign. Yesterday, I was perusing Cotton Mouth where reference was made to Will Bardwell's nomination for best political sign.

I second that nomination. I've seen Dykes's signs when I've traveled up and down Highway 49, but I've not seen that one. I feel almost disappointed.

3 Comments:

At 24 October, 2007 16:58, Blogger John Wesley Leek said...

Yep,

One thing I'll miss is these handmade signs. They had character. Plus, candidates wouldn't distribute as many if they had to make them, themselves.

 
At 24 October, 2007 18:14, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Heh. I remember when my father ran against Johnny Stringer for state representative back in 1983. Stringer had a lot of handmade signs, so many in fact, I think fire marshals would have been required to oversee their disposal.

 
At 29 October, 2007 08:16, Blogger Supermom said...

Great sign!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home