09 October 2007

Staying Awake While Listening to Louis Prima and Miles Davis...

It's been a hectic day. Several classes have come to the library for bibliographic instruction sessions. An instructor came in with his class unannounced, but no big deal since we weren't involved too much in his talk to his class.

Three of my colleagues have talked to classes today. I haven't. I was at the reference desk for the good part of the morning.

Helping students when neeeded. Working on interlibrary loan projects. Drinking lots and lots of coffee.

Of course, I did have maybe three hours of sleep. My sleep cycle's still out of whack.

I've been listening to some All Songs Considered podcasts lately. Today, I'm in a mood for jazz. Yesterday, it was Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.

With the baseball season now in playoff mode, I like to pay a little more attention to Curt Schilling's blog. I've been a long-time reader of Neil Gaiman's blog. Today, I found out "swearing is the only example of infixing in the English language."

I ran across this page concerning here are the ten freakiest animals on the planet. Incidentally, my vote goes to the star-nosed mole.

Sigh. I'm yawning again. I need more coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home