08 August 2007

Jaded

Some friends have made suggestions to me in the past few days. I've gotten encouragement to either talk to women more often than I usually do or to wade back in to the online dating pool.

I'm not though. I still have a low opinion of the online dating sites, and it's not a good idea for me to be more sociable. In other words, past experiences still shape have reinforced my previous conclusions.

I've been called picky when it comes to dating, and there is some truth in that accusation. As far as I'm concerned though, a more accurate description is that I'm jaded.

2 Comments:

At 10 August, 2007 10:12, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Ah, jaded.

Topiary Cow can relate. Cow has also decided to take an eeensy teensy break from dating.

Cow feels Library Guy is right in staying away from online dating. Despite the cheery ads to the contrary, Cow knows no one who has successfully "connected" online.

Except for that friend who thinks he's hit the jackpot with the young, attractive Russian lady who is a doctor and plays piano in the nude and just wants to come to America and have his babies.

Yup. Sure. Right. Good luck, 60-year-old Mensa member.

Moo!

 
At 10 August, 2007 10:34, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Actually, I know quite a few people who have connected online, and there've been at least six marriages based on those connections. I've got a friend who's been communicating with a Russian. He's not mentioned anything about her playing piano in the nude though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home