30 April 2007

Why I Haven't

I'm at my mother's house in Canebrake. I didn't do much this weekend. I've been pretty tired.

I thought about going to Bay Springs for their Jazz in the Grove Saturday, but the past few days have been too hectic, too crazy for me. I can't wait for the semester to end. I need the semester to end.

I haven't gone out much lately. Work has been too crazy. I don't have much of a life outside work.

When I do go out, I've been decompressing at coffee shops, and lately, I've not had much of a chance to do that as much as I would like. One family friend's asked me to look at some dissertations. I have and provided feedback. I hope that's all she wants.

Another friend has mentioned that she would like for me to be involved in politics again.1 I think she may want me to do some research relating to one of the campaigns she's helping. I met with her and a couple of other people a few evenings ago.

The past few weeks, I've been looking at women's profiles on match.com and yahoo personals. I'm unimpressed. Several months ago, I decided to take a sabbatical from the dating sites. After giving the sites a second look, I've concluded that they're useless to me.

When I moved to the Jackson area not quite seven years ago, I thought it'd be great. It was difficult for me to find single women who I considered interesting in Laurel. I thought Jackson would be better in that regard. It isn't.

It's at the point that I expect as a matter of course that there are no single women in the Jackson area who would be interested in me romantically. I've considered making some changes in my life-- losing some weight over the past couple months-- and tried for another change that proved unsuccessful.2

I've got to head back to work later this morning. I'm working the late shift tonight-- as usual. Tomorrow, my co-worker who's been on maternity leave returns. Maybe things will get back to normal, that is, if normal exists.

_________
1My previous experiences with regard to political campaigning consist of varying support roles for my father's campaigns for state representative and supervisor, my cousin's campaign for lieutenant governor, and campus elections when I was an undergraduate at MSU.

2While results are inconclusive, it's safe to say that I'm not satisfied. It may be that my turning 40 years old in a little over a month is an influence. At any rate, I don't want to have a stagnant life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home