10 April 2007

Reading

I've been doing some reading the past few days. While surfing the net some 2-3 weeks ago, I saw some positive press about Positively Fifth Street by James McManus, an account of two trials-- a murder trial and the World Series of Poker. It's a most excellent read. I might try reading this book recommended by McManus.

I got a chance to read How I Found the Strong by Margaret McMullan. I had misplaced the book, and it's such a slim volume. There's a passage in the book that mentions almost off-handedly that children were in charge of the homefront during the Civil War-- nothing could be done without them. I'm sure that there are books out there concerning childhood in the Civil War, but this thought is something that hadn't previously crossed my mind.

I think I mentioned it before, but I finished reading The Children of Men two-three weeks ago. I've got a book club meeting tonight, so I suppose there will be a recap of the last portion of this book as well as "Miss Lonelyhearts."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home