07 February 2007

Stationary Thoughts

I'm in my office listening to Ahmad Jamal perform No Greater Love on Pandora. I've just had a meeting with a vendor representive and have some interlibrary loan materials that have arrived. It looks to be another busy day.

I had a quiet evening yesterday. After work, I went over to Lemuria to purchase not only my book club book, but also my mother's birthday present. I ran some errands and then made it back to the house.

Working out yesterday morning was pretty tiring. I went to bed at 11 p.m., which is early for me. I got out of bed at 5:30 this morning. I don't believe exercise has made me a morning person.1 However, it was early and I didn't have anything else better to do, so I went to the gym.

I did about 19 miles on the stationary bike and lifted some weights.2 I've got no problem biking,3 but will likely take it easy with the weights. I've lost a few pounds since I've begun my diet-- not much, but at least I'm not gaining.

_________
1After all, I value my sleep.

2The 19 miles were completed in two separate thirty-minute sessions. Again, I lifted light weights.

3If I have a Diet Dr Pepper with me and am watching something interesting on any of the televisions in front of me such as ESPN's SportsCenter, I could bike for as long as I wish; however, the gym prefers people stay on the equipment for 30 minute periods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home