21 January 2007

Sunday Muddy Sunday

It's been raining for most of the day. It's been a pretty dreary day. I had intended to go to the Best of Jackson shindig put on by the Jackson Free Press, but it's just too cool, wet, and dreary to travel.

I did go to Corky's here in town this evening. I had the pork plate, green beans, and fish house slaw along with Diet Coke.

I think I've done pretty good as far as the diet is concerned. I've cut down big time on the carbohydrates during the evenings. A couple of people have wondered if I've lost weight. I don't know if I have lost weight, but I am changing the way I eat.

The AFC championship game just ended. The Colts won. Wow. They're facing the Bears in the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks. It's too bad the Saints didn't win up in Chicago, but home field advantage is called an advantage for a reason.

I'm also going to try to maintain this diet long enough to make Super Bowl Sunday my designated break-the-diet day. Over the course of two weeks, I've had one break-the-diet day. I believe I can last two more weeks before pigging out on February 4.

Normally, Monday's the night I work at the library, but what with colleagues at Seattle for ALA Midwinter and me needing to attend a meeting in Jackson Tuesday morning, I've got to open up the library tomorrow morning. I am so not a morning person.

I'll have to prepare enough coffee to not only keep me awake, but also to ensure that I won't be extremely grumpy. We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home