20 January 2007

My Saturday Afternoon

I attended the funeral of a retired co-worker earlier today. She was a year older than my mother and had worked at the college for thirty-five years.

I've been at the college for a little over six years and worked with her for almost five years. I work one night a week at the library, and I worked with her and another now-retired co-worker on Monday nights for nearly four years.

There were a lot of people at the service. After it was over, I rode with some people I knew to the burial site, a church cemetery near Learned.

After the burial, we went back to the funeral home where the service was held. I got in my car and drove back to my house.

2 Comments:

At 21 January, 2007 18:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

which means your car is running again!

 
At 21 January, 2007 19:40, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Indeed. I'm going to take it back to the shop Wednesday morning when my co-workers return from Seattle. I had mentioned to you that there were 1-2 things that needed to be done pretty soon, and I figure I had better get it taken care of pretty quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home