16 January 2007

Amoxicillin Mountain Breakdown

I'm at the house in Clinton. I'm listening to Keb' Mo' on iTunes. I'll be at work tomorrow morning. Sleep is calling, but I'm partially deaf.

I finally felt like leaving my mother's house sometime around one o'clock this afternoon. Between the Lortab and the Amoxicillin, I didn't feel like driving this morning.

I called in sick for the day, so no problems there. I finally left Canebrake a little after 2:30 this afternoon. I made good time traveling, arriving in Jackson less than an hour and a half after leaving my mother's house.

I had another doctor's appointment today. I needed to see the eye doctor since it's been a year since I've had the eyes examined. It went well. No changes.

I went to the Ridgeland Wal-Mart vision store to purchase a new pair of glasses. Sadly, the frames I wanted weren't available. I checked a couple of Eye Marts, but was unimpressed with the selection.

In the course of running these errands, I dropped by Lemuria and purchased The Sea for book club. I'll start reading it sometime soon.

With temperatures dropping, I wanted something warm to eat. I had a hankering for the Irish Stew at Fenian's, so I went over there. I had some stew, some salad, and a couple of diet cokes.

Usually, I would have a beer, but I'll not be imbibing while I'm taking this prescription medicine. I'm more than a bit anal-retentive about this ever since a former college classmate died as a consequence of imbibing in a similar manner.

I left Fenians to go home. I decided to drop by the Wal-Mart in Clinton. I decided to purchase some glasses similar to the ones I already wear-- same frames, but a different color. I found out that I have to wait until tomorrow though since the vision insurance provider closed shop at 8:00 this evening.

I won't be exercising with Pezgirl until later this month, or possibly February. In the meantime, I've been following the suggestions made by my old college friend.

1. Drink water or diet colas.

Makes sense, You've got to count those calories.

2. If you eat carbs, eat them during the workday when you need the energy.

Again, another no brainer, I think. I'll load up on carbs during the day. I'll also have a handy stash of girl scout cookies. I found out a few days ago that I've got to purchase some more cookies from a co-worker's daughter.

3. Cut down on the carbs during the evenings.

This has been especially helpful. I've not been as sluggish during the nights as I have been normally. I've been guilty of eating snacks at night. I've cut down on it pretty good I think.

4. No fried foods.

So far, so good. This is Mississippi though. We'll see how much longer this will last.

5. Every once in a while, break all the rules for a day.

By design, I broke the rules Sunday. I had ice cream, chips, and drank regular Dr Pepper. Since then, I've been a good boy and will continue to be a good boy for the rest of the week, perhaps more.

I think I might hear the sleep calling for me or is that the train? I'll find out soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home