05 January 2007

Flour Child

I'm at the house right now. I'm relaxing and doing a little laundry.

Pezgirl and I completed the first week of the Jeopardy Daily Calendar today. The library's not normally open during the weekends, so we went ahead and worked through the first week of questions.

Apparently, Food Stuff is a weak category for me. At least fava was a correct response.

I did better in the Movie Soundtracks category-- getting all three questions correct. It wasn't Pezgirl's week. She had two bad Soundtrack responses, surprisingly -- she's more into music than I am -- finishing in the negative.

The Final Jeopardy category wasn't necessarily in my wheelhouse, but I did give a correct response, which put me at $5,000 for the week.

It's rained quite a bit over the past couple weeks. It's supposed to rain some more this weekend. It's needed.

The weather should be pretty good this evening. I plan on going out and having a little fun, but first I need a little sleep. And before I take my nap, I'd better provide a link to this story I read today from the Philadelphia Inquirer:

A Bryn Mawr College student wrongly jailed for three weeks on drug charges by Philadelphia police has settled her civil-rights case for $180,000.

Janet H. Lee, now a senior, was arrested at Philadelphia International Airport in 2003 after screeners found three condoms filled with white powder in her carry-on and city police said field tests showed that the substances likely contained opium and cocaine.

Lee was held in lieu of $500,000 bond for 21 days, until further drug testing proved that her unlikely story - that the powder was just flour - was true.


Credit for the heads-up goes to The Chronicle.

I still can't believe that she tried to board the airplane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home