30 October 2006

The Tender Bar

I recently read The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer. I had read a newspaper article by him about a month ago and thought it was good and so I thought I'd give his book a try.

I thought it was a good memoir. Moehringer definitely has a way of putting words together. The next book on the reading list is How I Found the Strong by Margaret McMullan. She received an award from the Mississippi Library Association last week for the book.

As it turns out, she knows my aunt and uncle. My uncle in question is a recently retired English professor who had been at another university in the part of Indiana where McMullan lives.

2 Comments:

At 31 October, 2006 16:20, Blogger otherjay said...

I loved this book. Just loved it.

 
At 31 October, 2006 16:50, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Oh yeah. It's definitely worth reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home