20 October 2006

Ada

So I read Ada for Book Club. I finished reading it last month. I thought that it was good. I thought that the way Nabokov used words was cool.

What I wish though is that this book wasn't assigned to be read while this reaccreditation/hectic semester was going on. I would have liked to have the time to reread the book to catch the different nuances, the different things that other book club members caught, and that I didn't. I might read it again one summer or maybe even a Christmas break, but not right now.

FP has the next selection, and she's chosen The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I think there's a copy here at the library, but may just purchase a paperback at Lemuria in case there's as much need for marginalia in this book as there was in Ada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home