02 October 2006

Pub Crawling

I needed to relax this past weekend for reasons made obvious in previous posts. Friday after work, I went to Cups.

I had a mocha frappuccino, answered e-mail, and did some fantasy baseball stuff.

At about 8 p.m., I headed over to Fenian's. I used to go there a lot when I first moved here.

I don't go there as quite as often because many of the friends I've made here hang out at Martin's, WC Don's, and Hal & Mal's. I had a thirst for some Guinness, and so I went.

I relaxed. I saw & spoke to some people I knew. I had fun. I've always liked the atmosphere of Fenian's.

After I left Fenian's, I remembered Jaysus's myspace bulletin about American Death Ray performing at Don's. Upon arriving at Don's, I chatted with friends.

TD wants me to apply for the Guantanamo Library job. He thinks that would be a cool job. I think it would be interesting too, but I keep thinking that I would be Santiago trying to get away from Colonel Jessup before he orders the Code Red. Well, actually, I don't, but I wanted to be glib here.

I saw this band out of Atlanta called Parade perform. They were good.

Death Ray was awesome. I purchased a CD.

I pretty much slept for the rest of the weekend. I stuck around the house for the most part.

I need to make a point to go to Fenian's more often. This semester has been busy though what with library work, the study hall, and writing for my friends' newspaper. It keeps me busy, yet I have little time for socializing. I want to make the best of the time that I have.

3 Comments:

At 05 October, 2006 15:57, Blogger neola said...

it occurred to me that i have missed seeing you at cups.

 
At 05 October, 2006 16:28, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Between library work, SACS, study hall, more library work, and the little writing stuff I do for my friends' newspaper, I've been almost too busy to get into trouble. Our SACS reaffirmation visit ended today thank goodness.

 
At 05 October, 2006 16:31, Blogger The Library Guy said...

And I've got study hall this evening-- I won't make the Artmix tonight. Well, I can, but won't be seeing too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home