06 October 2006

At the End of the Day

A couple of accrediting teams came to the college this week. SACS was the first group to visit. I was part of a group of librarians who were interviewed. From all indications, things went well.

My perceptions were confirmed the following day. A campus-wide e-mail was sent out from our president. Apparently, he was happy enough with the verbal report to declare Monday a holiday for twelve-month employees such as myself. School isn't in session on Monday anyway-- it's a fall break day.

The other accrediting team represented a national organization reaffirming its accreditation of one of the college's programs. I've not heard how that went.

***

My fantasy baseball team, the Gashouse Gorillas, finished in third place in my league. I had a good late-season run to finish third in the regular season. The team also finished third in the playoffs. Not bad. Not bad at all.

***

I took a little bit of a break the past couple of days-- working half-days yesterday and today. I need a break to recharge my batteries, and what with Monday being a holiday that should help. One thing though, I've not been much of a fan of short work weeks because there always seem to be more work performed.

I considered heading down to Hattiesburg today, but I'm not really in the mood to travel too much this weekend. I'm going to stick around Jackson Friday. I may head to Fenian's later this evening, and perhaps go to Martin's or Don's later. I might go see a college football game on Saturday.

Otherwise, I'll be resting until Tuesday morning. I've got to open up the library that morning.

2 Comments:

At 11 October, 2006 11:32, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Hello from The Topiary Cow!

Your blog quote is great...and your blog is very interesting. I have bookmarked it so I shall return.

Regards, TC

 
At 11 October, 2006 16:04, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Glad you like the blog. I hope you enjoy reading it. As far as the quote is concerned, it came from a Los Angeles Times article from about two weeks ago. I mentioned it in this blog entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home