10 August 2008

Back to be Ground

Or is it back to the grind? Either way, I'm at home and will be at the library tomorrow morning. This coming week is going to be busy. Meetings. Registration. Students paying fines.

I've been away from work for a little over a week. I had a nice, hectic time away from Mississippi, and apparently, I cashed in my frequent flier miles at the right time.

I didn't get much sleep while I was out of state thanks to having to wake up before 4:30 a.m. twice. So when I returned to Mississippi, I've tried to relax, try not to aggravate a blistered foot and a sore back, as well as, of course, sleep.

It's been raining off and on today, and rain is in the forecast for the next few days. Fortunately, it was raining too hard while I was driving from Hattiesburg.

While driving back, I called several friends. Most didn't answer, so I left messages on their voicemail; however, I did have good conversations with those who answered.

Tomorrow, I still want to think that I'm on vacation even though I'll be working. I'm considering wearing one of the t-shirts or the Yankees replica jersey I purchased.1

Well, maybe not the t-shirt. I believe I could get away with wearing the Yankees jersey though.
_________
1Not this exact replica, but something similar and a lot cheaper. And, yes, it is a Don Mattingly replica. I've kept up with his career since my aunt told me about him being drafted by the Yankees. She was a teacher at Reitz Memorial in Evansville at the same time he was a student there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home