13 March 2008

Looking Forward

Another hectic week is almost over. I've had quite a bit on my plate at work.

I've been rearranging my office space. As previously mentioned, I'm getting a new work computer.

Since the computer is a laptop, I've no need for a computer desk. I moved it out of the office yesterday.

I'm in the process of going through my shelves and removing everything having to do with desktop computers. My office had been an alternative storage space for such things as external speakers for computers, but it won't be any more.

I've been putting these types of accessories on book carts. Before I leave work tomorrow afternoon I'll move the carts outside the office.

I need to create room for books and other materials. The problem with my office is that I don't have a good spot to put bookshelves.

My office has windows on three sides, and what shelves my office has are associated with cabinets and a counter.

I'm thinking about removing the cabinet doors because I'm going to use the cabinet space as bookshelves. First, though, I might keep the doors and see how they work.

I'm working on projects when I can. I've also got to work on a proposal regarding a conference presentation.

There are other things. There always are.

I won't be at work next week. I need a break.

I still have responsibilities though. My mother and stepfather are going on a trip and want me to drive them to where their group is meeting.

This next week, I'll be in Hattiesburg, Clinton, or somewhere between the two cities. I'll still be at the parade Saturday though. What I don't know is if I'll be watching or participating.

I hope I can remember that I have a bibliographic instruction session to give to a class at 8 a.m. the first day I'm back at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home