30 March 2008

End of the Month Update

I've not posted lately. I was very busy at work last week.

I've been catching up on tasks needed to do since I'd been away from work for a week. I've had bibliographic instruction sessions, a meeting with a customer service representative for one of our vendors, as well as other types of library work.

I'm ready for the computer folks here at the college to put my new computer on the network. I've transferred all the files I need to transfer from my old computer to my network folder.

It's just as well that I'm no longer able to access a favorite messageboard at work anymore since I've been staying busy. It's done a more-than-decent job of keeping me relatively stress-free at work though. I might have to drink more coffee.

I've had a good weekend. I was with friends who I've not seen in weeks or months, and it was great seeing and visiting with them. I also went to the roller derby Saturday night and had fun. I know two of the Rollergirls well, and I wanted to support them.

Right now, I'm in Hattiesburg. I stopped by Heidelberg and visited with a family friend who's done my taxes for many years. We chatted while he e-filed my tax forms. I'll be getting a refund this year, which is always good. I can think of a few things I can do with the money.

I've got a dental appointment tomorrow morning. It's very likely that I'll have to attend a memorial service when I get to the college.

I've got to remember to take another shirt with me to the dentist's office. I had been planning on dressing down at work, which I can get away with some since I work nights on Mondays. It looks like that won't happen.

I think I might also finish work on a conference presentation proposal tomorrow. I've already gotten feedback from one colleague. I'll see what another says before I submit it in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home