04 September 2007

Blade Runner Blues

I'm back, but am not all that rested. I was in Indiana the past few days visiting my aunt and uncle. They're doing well, and that's great.

I got to see my cousin, her husband, and their children. I went to a couple of movies with my uncle. I read quite a few books-- most of them in the past couple of days.1

I also watched some football games on television. As expected, Mississippi State lost; however, my other alma mater, USM, won.2

I relaxed, or at least tried. I don't think I'll be relaxed for too long. I've checked my work email, and what I see almost makes me long for this job. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit.

Book club is this evening. I've read the book. It's good, I think. I'll write more about it later.

_________
1I read most of them today thanks in no small part to me being stuck at the Memphis airport for five hours.

2And Michigan lost! To Appalachian State! Thank goodness Appalachian State's not on MSU's schedule.

1 Comments:

At 05 September, 2007 09:25, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Cow saw that job too, we must be on the same listserv.

Cow is tempted, sorely tempted, sometimes, by these overseas jobs.

Did think the desired qualification of experience "working in a post-conflict environment" was a tad optimistic.

So it's all over then? Uh, when are the soldiers being sent home?

Moo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home