15 August 2007

Pub Quiz, Extreme Registration, etc.

Last night, I went to Hal & Mal's for Pub Quiz. I played with Pezgirl and her boyfriend.

We finished in the money-- third place. One interesting thing, Shannon announced last night that by request my old team's rule was going back into effect, which kind of made me wonder if there's a team with aspirations of dominance.1

I went to Martin's briefly after Pub Quiz and visited briefly with friends. It's kind of weird not having WCDon's open.2

When I got back to the house, I went online and noticed that Oliver was recaptured. That's good.

I worked out some this morning before arriving at the library, and I'm working registration this afternoon at the college. As promised, I'm wearing shorts and have sunscreen and sunglasses. Hopefully, it won't be too bad this afternoon.

I know someone who has a book signing and reading this afternoon at Lemuria. If I'm not too tired from working registration, I'll attend.

I'm also considering going to this event. However, that depends on how I feel after this afternoon.

_________
1The rule in question: Winning teams get five points deducted from their score the following week. Teams in second place get three points deducted. The old pub quiz team had a three-month stretch of pub quiz dominance before the rule was enacted. The team won first place a few times even when accounting for point deductions.

2For what it's worth, here's a Jackson Free Press article on Don's.

3 Comments:

At 15 August, 2007 13:50, Blogger Supermom said...

I love trivia. I guess that's why I like going to BWW so much. Just to sit, drink beer and play trivia.

There is nothing like seeing your name up on the screens as 'game winner'.

Well, I guess it IS second to winning cash as in your case. :)

 
At 15 August, 2007 16:19, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Winning cash is nice. It didn't pay for what I ate and drank, but it served as a good discount.

NTN Buzztime is very cool. When I was a grad student at MSU, Cheers offered gift certificates for people who did well in certain contests. I usually finished first, sometimes second or third...

One time when I was in grad school at USM, I finished first in America in a game I was playing over at the Mahogany Bar. I don't often go to BWW in Ridgeland, but sometimes do go to the one in Hattiesburg.

 
At 16 August, 2007 07:46, Blogger Supermom said...

For the bucks we lay down at BWW, any amount of cash or even food/drink credit would help. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home