13 August 2007

Library Guy of Mississippi

Dryden: Lawrence, only two kinds of creature get fun in the desert: Bedouins and gods, and you're neither. Take it from me, for ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.
Lawrence: No, Dryden, it's going to be fun.
Dryden: It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun.


As expected, I'll be working at my usual spot during registration. Wednesday afternoon. 1 to 4 p.m. Expected high on Wednesday: 102 degrees. Joy.

I will be wearing shorts. I suppose I'll break out the sunglasses and sunscreen as well. I'll allegedly be stationed inside the building, but in order to help people I've got to be outside the building pretty often. Again. Joy.

Oh yeah, water. I think I might need some of that as well.

Convocation is tomorrow. There are a couple of things I'm expected to do tomorrow morning.

The library will have a display. We're promoting a couple of services, and convocation is a good time to promote them to the faculty and staff.

In addition to that, I'll be delivering interlibrary loan requests to at least one person, maybe two, and receiving an interlibrary loan book from another member of the faculty.

4 Comments:

At 14 August, 2007 08:38, Blogger Lorelei Leigh said...

When I was in college, I had a work study job in interlibrary loan at the school's main library. It was kind of fun.

 
At 14 August, 2007 09:40, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

At least Library Guy of Mississippi won't be wearing mascara like Laurence of Arabia.

That was the most distracting thing through that whole moooovie.

Moo!

 
At 14 August, 2007 10:44, Blogger Supermom said...

During this weather, he'd have to have waterproof mascara or he'd look like Alice Cooper.

 
At 14 August, 2007 12:49, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Interlibrary loan is fun. Yesterday, I had a request for the same book from two different libraries at the same university. Apparently it's required reading for a library class. I need to take a look at it when it returns.

While the thought of looking like Alice Cooper is tempting, I'm not wearing mascara.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home