16 August 2007

Midweek Notes

The second day of registration at the college was today. I worked registration Wednesday afternoon. It wasn't too bad. I just had to tell students where to go except for the one person who needed a notary. Fortunately, another person working registration knew the answer to that question.

I did go to the book signing. I talked to the author in question for a little while. One of my co-workers was also there and was talking to him as well. I bought a copy of the book for my mother.

I also went to the Rollergirls to-do last night. I didn't stay too long though. I was tired.

I made it to the library in time to open it. The person who normally would open the library had to work registration this morning. I manned the circulation desk and worked on some projects.

Chip Pickering, Mississippi's Third District Congressman, announced today that he would not be seeking re-election. I've been acquainted with Chip for several years. He used to be my congressman, and as previously mentioned, my family has known his for many, many years. All of a sudden, the 2008 congressional elections have gotten much more interesting.

I went to Walgreens to get a couple photos taken so I can renew my passport. As previously noted, I had been thinking about visiting friends in Ireland, but now I need to have it in time to attend a wedding in the Virgin Islands in a few months.

I'm heading to Hattiesburg after work tomorrow afternoon, but will likely be back Saturday evening. I want to visit friends and family before the start of the fall semester.

2 Comments:

At 17 August, 2007 09:41, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

A good friend of Cow's just returned from Ireland.

Friend found it lovely, just lovely. Tiny cars, no pollution, beautiful cliff views of the ocean, gardens full of flowers, towns with a 'center' and people walking to and fro...

quite a refreshing change from Interstate and more-and-bigger highway land stocked with Escalades tailgating you in the USA.

Cow is meeting her for lunch Saturday to see her photos. May inspire immigration to Ireland thoughts.

Moo!

 
At 17 August, 2007 10:02, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Here are links to photographs of Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge and Slieve League at Donegal Bay that I was emailed. I was also emailed a link to this photo of the Cliffs of Moher as well as this google image search of Giant's Causeway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home