21 June 2007

Work Stuff

This week hasn't been too bad for me as far as work is concerned. There aren't as many students at the college during the summer, so it's a time for doing the little housekeeping duties that we never quite can make the time to do.

I've been going over renewal lists for periodicals. I've also gotten requests for new subscriptions, and many of the requests will be acted on positively, but not all.

I found out earlier this week that I lost an election for an organizational office. I'm not at all surprised. My co-worker Pezgirl was a candidate for another position, and I didn't think that both of us would win.1

It's no big deal for me. It just means I don't have to worry when conference time arrives-- as if I would be worrying in the first place.

I don't think I'll allow myself to be nominated for an office next year if it happens. I've no desire to be the Harold Stassen, or even worse, the Shawn O'Hara of the Mississippi library profession.

I got word this afternoon that my college's accreditation was reaffirmed by SACS. I was on a committee that wrote some responses and edited other responses as well as being one of three people checking out the website to ensure consistency. After being involved with this project for about a year and a half, it's so good that it's finally over.

_________
1Pezgirl, on the other hand, did win, which means she gets to come up with a program for the group sometime in the future.

3 Comments:

At 22 June, 2007 14:24, Blogger The Topiaryiest Bunny said...

Topiary has been waiting for Library Guy to write about the Raymond Chandler meeting of his book club.

Topiary was watching a British tv series from 1961 (on DVD: Secret Agent)which used a Chandler-esque voice-over intro:

"It was raining. And cold. But then, it would be."

Hippity-hop!

 
At 22 June, 2007 15:51, Blogger The Library Guy said...

We've not met yet. My next blog entry will explain why.

 
At 22 June, 2007 16:15, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Ah. we wait then, for word....

Meanwhile Cow's book club is reading Bryson's Walk in the Woods for intellectual stimulation this month...

Moo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home