14 June 2007

Starkville Thursday Night

I'm in Starkvegas to attend the second of four events here in Oktibbeha County this summer.1 As previously mentioned, I'll be attending a conference at MSU tomorrow. I'm not a morning person, so I came over from the college right after work.

MSU freshman orientation is still happening, and the room I reserved over a month ago at the Comfort Suites fell through: overbooked. The good news is that I was comped a room at the Hampton Inn, which also has free wireless.

I went to the Veranda tonight. I had salmon, lobster bisque, blackberry cobbler, and a freebie gin & tonic thanks to a coupon given to me by the friendly front desk person at the Hampton.

_________
1In chronological order, the events are the super regional I attended last week, tomorrow's library conference, Coppertop's wedding next week, and another library conference next month.

3 Comments:

At 15 June, 2007 16:54, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

"...salmon, lobster bisque, blackberry cobbler, and a freebie gin & tonic..."

Truly, a spread fit for a King.

Or, Cow.

Moo!

 
At 15 June, 2007 17:04, Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

and, Cow Luuuuuves Raymond Chandler.

Looks like Library Guy's book club has better selections than hers.

Moo!

 
At 15 June, 2007 21:13, Blogger The Library Guy said...

The Veranda's awesome. I'd not eaten there before. It's now on my rotation of places to eat when in Starkville.

I've enjoyed the selections that have been made too and am looking forward to reading the Chandler book. I've got the next choice and will make a decision sometime from the 3 to 4 books under consideration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home