09 March 2007

3000 -- 229 -- 5 -- 8

3000

A few days ago in one of my yahoo groups, a friend asked how many calories it took to burn a pound of fat. Another friend answered 3,600.

I don't know if that's right or not, but I've burned 3,000 calories this week. I burned 600 Wednesday evening, 300 yesterday morning, and another 300 this morning-- all on the stationary bike.

229

And after I exercised this morning, I weighed myself and I weigh 229 pounds, which means I've lost 13 pounds since I've begun my regimen of diet and exercise. The fact that I've lost two pounds this week is really good. If it wasn't for the two birthday parties last week, I think I would have been down to about 227.

5

Next week is Spring Break at the college. I'm taking the week off-- five days off. One day will be spent at the dentist's office. Another day will be spent watching my mother's shop. Otherwise, I intend to relax. I won't be burning 3,000 calories next week! Maybe I can burn away 1,500 though.

8

Eight days until Mal's St. Paddy's Day Parade-- only one of the coolest, if not the coolest day of the year in Jackson. One of my friends is coming in from out of town. She's a member of a Queens group that won best costumes last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home