12 February 2007

Getting Ready

I've been in Hattiesburg the past few days. My mother's birthday was Friday. I visited her and intended to visit with some friends as well, but our schedules didn't quite work.

There's one friend who I've not seen in what must be well over a year. It would have been nice if we were able to visit. Cellphone conversations are cool, but visiting face-to-face-- whether at a coffee shop or sushi place-- is better.

Sigh. This is what happens when we have busy lives. This semester has already been pretty hectic. Two co-workers have been away for at least one week to attend that conference last month, and one of them had to be away last week and it looks like she's got to be away next week.

I'll be heading off to work pretty soon. One good thing about not having to be at work until 1:30 in the afternoon on Mondays is that I can relax to start off the Monday. The drive up highways 589 and 49 is also usually pretty peaceful-- no rush hour traffic to contend with like what I had to go through Friday afternoon after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home