23 November 2006

The History of Love and The Stranger

I recently read The History of Love for book club. FP chose it. I enjoyed it, but am perhaps a bit disappointed in myself for not being into it as much as I should have. I suppose I slacked off a bit after a particularly hectic September and October. I was more into the two main characters of the book and didn't get into the substance of the book. I need to reread it sometime.

I had the next choice, which was The Stranger by Albert Camus. I'd not read it before. I wanted to read something that was different, and I have to confess that I was perhaps influenced by TD's Ada selection in that I wanted something really, really short. I've not read anything else by Camus. I might try something else by him.

TC has the next selection. She's chosen The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home