13 August 2006

School Starts Tomorrow

I went to Laurel for Blues Bash Friday. It was very nice-- really hot-- perhaps the second warmest Bash I've attended. It was good to visit with friends and socialize. The Blues Bash is a reunion of sorts for me. When I go, I see people I know from when I lived and worked in Laurel.

I drove back to Clinton that night. TD called to confirm the planned Bogue Chitto Floating Excursion was happening, and it did. I was tired when we headed down that way and was tired when we headed back. It was a lot of fun.

When I made it back to Clinton last night, I was exhausted. I fell asleep before midnight-- unusual for me-- and finally dragged myself out of bed for good at 2:00 this afternoon. I needed the sleep. I'd been averaging four to five hours of sleep and was drinking coffee and frappes with espresso shots to keep me from falling asleep at 6 p.m., which would have really messed up my sleep schedule.

In other news in the virtual world, a message board I subscribe to-- Six Pack Speak-- has become a members-only board with no lurkers allowed and subscribers must be approved. Approximately 1800 members were removed from the list. I survived.

School starts tomorrow. I'll be at work at 1:30 in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home