16 July 2006

Smokestack Lightnin'

I'm back home. I spent the past few days away from the Jackson area.

I went up to Starkville to attend a one-day workshop. I liked Michael Stephens' talk. A lot of it's not really applicable to where I work though what with the college not allowing access to instant messengers and myspace on the institution's network.

I've gotten some good ideas and things to ponder from the workshop. I also liked T. Scott Plutchak's talk and another presentation on library web pages.

After the workshop ended, I headed down to Hattiesburg to visit my mother. My uncle's still not doing well either. Sigh.

I visited with some friends in Laurel Friday night. I had a good time. I've not seen them in so long. They mentioned the Blues Bash at Lauren Rogers was scheduled for August 11-- the same day that the North Mississippi Allstars are supposed to perform at Hal & Mal's. They are performing at Clarksdale the next day.

Hmmm... I think Natchez in October looks pretty good too. I'd love to see the Dirty Dozen Brass Band perform again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home